Miami and Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Inventory Report | September 2016
After completing both the Sunny Isles Beach Condo Index and Fort Lauderdale Condo Index in AUG 2016, I remain bearish on our local markets. Buyers have the clear upper-hand while sellers are forced to compete.
In the last 30 days, the Top 10 CONDOS Sold totaled $36.8M (last month $29.2M) with a median selling price per square foot of $987 (last month $1,133). It took an average of 163 days to sell, with a median sale price of $2.750M.
Here we are for the month on a location by location study.
‘Total’ CONDOS for Sale | Median List Price Per Square Foot | Median Asking Price
Today we’re in a definitively strong buyer’s market between Miami & Fort Lauderdale. There were 2,419 & 232 condos for sale over $1M with 40 & 9 sold in the last 30 days showing us an approximate 60 and 26 month supply, respectively.
- Miami Beach Condos | 2659 Condos| $571 LP$/PSF | $495K Asking Price
- Bal Harbour Condos | 223 Condos| $951 LP$/PSF | $1.579M Asking Price
- Bay Harbour Condos | 162 Condos| $308 LP$/PSF | $399K Asking Price
- Surfside Condos | 84 Condos| $552 LP$/PSF | $722K Asking Price
- North Bay Village Condos | 238 Condos| $289 LP$/PSF | $350k Asking Price
- Sunny Isles Beach Condos | 1389 Condos| $562 LP$/PSF | $795K Asking Price
- Aventura Condos | 1550 Condos| $315 LP$/PSF |$449K Asking Price
- Downtown/Brickell Condos | 2561 Condos| $463LP$/PSF | $470K Asking Price
- Coconut Grove Condos | 76 Condos| $430 LP$/PSF | $779K Asking Price
- Coral Gables Condos | 194 Condos| $412 LP$/PSF | $486K Asking Price
- Key Biscayne Condos | 268 Condos| $769 LP$/PSF | $1.150M Asking Price
- Fisher Island Condos | 53 Condos| $1,672 LP$/PSF | $5.6M Asking Price
- Hallandale Beach Condos | 1009 Condos| $257 LP$/PSF | $299K Asking Price
- Ft. Lauderdale Beach | 709 Condos| $346 LP$/PSF | $469K Asking Price
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Condos | 119 Condos| $339 LP$/PSF | $520K Asking Price
- Hillsboro Beach Condos | 77 Condos| $347 LP$/PSF | $499K Asking Price
In the last 30 days, the Top 10 HOMES that Sold totaled $41M (last month $68M) with a median selling price per square foot of $716 (last month $999). It took an average of 320 days to sell, and the median sale price was $5.017M.
‘Total’ HOMES for Sale | Median List Price Per Square Foot | Median Asking Price
Again, we’re in a buyer’s market over $1M with an approximate 27 month and 25 month supply of Miami & Fort Lauderdale homes, respectively.
- Miami Beach Homes | 393 Homes| $838 LP$/PSF | $2.890M Asking Price
- Bal Harbour Homes | 13 Homes| $882 LP$/PSF | $4.549M Asking Price
- Bay Harbour Homes | 19 Homes| $655 LP$/PSF | $2.497M Asking Price
- Surfside Homes | 34 Homes| $492 LP$/PSF | $913K Asking Price
- North Bay Village Homes | 20 Homes| $343 LP$/PSF | $840K Asking Price
- Sunny Isles Homes | 40 Homes| $533 LP$/PSF | $1.837M Asking Price
- Aventura Homes | 46 Homes| $376 LP$/PSF | $899K Asking Price
- Coconut Grove Homes | 82 Homes| $482 LP$/PSF | $1.695M Asking Price
- Coral Gables Homes | 366 Homes| $437 LP$/PSF | $1.2M Asking Price
- Miami Shores Homes.. check back next month
- Eastern Shores Homes.. check back next month
- Key Biscayne Homes | 88 Homes| $1024 LP$/PSF | $3.438M Asking Price
- Hallandale Beach Homes | 58 Homes| $293 LP$/PSF | $510K Asking Price
- Golden Beach Homes | 36 Homes| $1048 LP$/PSF | $4.749M Asking Price
- Ft. Lauderdale Beach Homes | 438 Homes| $490 LP$/PSF | $1.599M Asking Price
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Homes | 25 Homes| $364 LP$/PSF | $629M Asking Price
- Hillsboro Beach Homes | 4 Homes| $1672 LP$/PSF | $16.850M Asking Price
- Lighthouse Point Homes | 144 Homes| $399 LP$/PSF | $1.130M Asking Price
Up 63% compared to the last month
Up 169% compared to the last year
*Buyer’s market: more than 6 months of inventory based on closed sales
Seller’s market: less than 3 months of inventory based on closed sales
Neutral market: 3 – 6 months of inventory based on closed sales
Up 31.9% compared to the last month
Up 35.8% compared to the last yearJuly 2016 Sold/Original List Price Ratio is Falling*Sold/Original List Price % in July 2016: 83%
Down 3.5% compared to the last month
Down 3.5% compared to the last year
Down 10% compared to the last month
Up 4.5% compared to the last year
Down 1.7% compared to the last month
Up 48.2% compared to the last yearHome Closed in July 2016: 44 units.
Down 39.7% compared to the last month
Down 45% compared to the last yearHome Placed under Contract in July 2016: 47 units.
Down 21.7% compared to the last month
Down 46% compared to the last year
Luxury Real Estate in Southeast Florida
The Miami Beach Real Estate Blog is an awesome online resource for Sunny Isles & Miami Beach real estate information. Contact me for the perfect properties along Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Surfside, North Bay Village and South Beach. I also cover the most desirable areas of Fort Lauderdale, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables and Bay Harbour Islands. Whether you’re looking for the latest in waterfront estates, condo resales, land for development, corporate relocation, market trends, off-market properties, new construction, bulk sales, or just plain good deals, I’ll have it customized and ready for you.
Gain fast access to the latest in real estate trends, new listings, preferred developments, important news updates, sales & statistics by signing up to the Monthly VIP Buyer Alert. Explore new listings, property information & buying options on new Miami construction and developments, gated communities, waterfront homes, luxury townhomes, Miami Penthouses plus so much more.
Over 14 Years Experience! I’m a Southeast Florida real estate broker-associate with the leading firm – ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. Why Sotheby’s? Because of the brand heritage, prestige, global reach and their propensity for perfection. Since 2002, I’ve been active in the Southeast Florida market with experience that rarely disappoints.
No hassle. No pressure. Just honest advice.
- Subscribe to the monthly alert for updates on Miami’s best neighborhoods
- Like Coleman Properties Group on FB
- Follow AshtonColeman on Instagram for real-estate photo updates
- Follow AshtonColeman’s Twitter for the latest in South Florida News
- SnapChat Ashton.Coleman for behind the scenes real estate adventures
List Your Property to Sell:
ONE Sotheby’s International Realty & Ashton Coleman | Global Marketing. Local Prestige.
- Marketing by Ashton Coleman
- Marketing Your Luxury Property
- Marketing Presentation – 2016
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty Marketing & Affiliates
- CPG YouTube Channel
- Client Reviews
- Sold Miami Properties
- Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
- Sotheby’s – An Overview and the Auction House
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
- New Miami Listings
Miami Luxury Condos & Waterfront Homes for Sale:
Southeast Florida Real Estate | Websites & Blogs
- Coleman.Properties (Fort Lauderdale Specific)
- Jade Beach, Jade Ocean & Jade Signature Condos
- Turnberry Ocean Colony Condos
Who You Are:
You are a client – not a customer:
- Clients are under the protection of another
- Customers purchase a commodity or service
Knowledge is protection. As a client, you can expect fully accurate information that you will understand, implement, and use to build your net worth.
You must log in to post a comment.