Miami and Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Inventory Report | October 2016
In today’s market, buyers have the clear upper-hand while sellers are forced to compete. In the last 30 days, the Top 10 CONDOS Sold totaled $$43.550M (last month $36.8M) with a median selling price per square foot of $1,192 (last month $987). It took an average of 184 days to sell, with a median sale price of $4.075M.
Here we are for the month on a location by location study.
‘Total’ CONDOS for Sale | Median List Price Per Square Foot | Median Asking Price
Today we’re in a definitively strong buyer’s market between Miami & Fort Lauderdale. There were 1,868 & 304 condos for sale over $1M with 50 & 2 sold in the last 30 days showing us an approximate 37 and 152 month supply, respectively.
- Miami Beach Condos | 2707 Condos| $576 LP$/PSF | $499K Asking Price
- Bal Harbour Condos | 222 Condos| $937 LP$/PSF | $1.672M Asking Price
- Bay Harbour Condos | 168 Condos| $314 LP$/PSF | $442K Asking Price
- Surfside Condos | 87 Condos| $555 LP$/PSF | $749K Asking Price
- North Bay Village Condos | 240 Condos| $289 LP$/PSF | $349k Asking Price
- Sunny Isles Beach Condos | 1366 Condos| $550 LP$/PSF | $769K Asking Price
- Aventura Condos | 1554 Condos| $315 LP$/PSF |$450K Asking Price
- Downtown/Brickell Condos | 2653 Condos| $463 LP$/PSF | $462K Asking Price
- Coconut Grove Condos | 76 Condos| $421 LP$/PSF | $759K Asking Price
- Coral Gables Condos | 205 Condos| $400 LP$/PSF | $462K Asking Price
- Key Biscayne Condos | 254 Condos| $737 LP$/PSF | $1.160M Asking Price
- Fisher Island Condos | 50 Condos| $1,676 LP$/PSF | $5.675M Asking Price
- Hallandale Beach Condos | 1017 Condos| $251 LP$/PSF | $299K Asking Price
- Ft. Lauderdale Beach | 636 Condos| $360 LP$/PSF | $485K Asking Price
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Condos | 75 Condos| $349 LP$/PSF | $580K Asking Price
- Hillsboro Beach Condos | 82 Condos| $354 LP$/PSF | $494K Asking Price
In the last 30 days, the Top 10 HOMES that Sold totaled $63.6M (last month $41M) with a median selling price per square foot of $1,064 (last month $716). It took an average of 234 days to sell, and the median sale price was $5.524M.
‘Total’ HOMES for Sale | Median List Price Per Square Foot | Median Asking Price
Again, we’re in a buyer’s market over $1M with an approximate 32 month and 30 month supply of Miami & Fort Lauderdale homes, respectively. There were 1,087 & 363 homes with 34 & 12 sold in the last 30 days.
- Miami Beach Homes | 411 Homes| $797 LP$/PSF | $2.495M Asking Price
- Bal Harbour Homes | 14 Homes| $930 LP$/PSF | $5.045M Asking Price
- Bay Harbour Homes | 20 Homes| $628 LP$/PSF | $2.598M Asking Price
- Surfside Homes | 38 Homes| $492 LP$/PSF | $884K Asking Price
- North Bay Village Homes | 22 Homes| $344 LP$/PSF | $815K Asking Price
- Sunny Isles Homes | 42 Homes| $529 LP$/PSF | $1.575M Asking Price
- Aventura Homes | 45 Homes| $385 LP$/PSF | $950K Asking Price
- Coconut Grove Homes | 77 Homes| $519 LP$/PSF | $1.895M Asking Price
- Coral Gables Homes | 398 Homes| $440 LP$/PSF | $1.325M Asking Price
- Miami Shores Homes | 112 Homes| $317 LP$/PSF | $698K Asking Price
- Eastern Shores Homes | 7 Homes| $559 LP$/PSF | $1.995M Asking Price
- Key Biscayne Homes | 96 Homes| $998 LP$/PSF | $3.490M Asking Price
- Hallandale Beach Homes | 73 Homes| $301 LP$/PSF | $460K Asking Price
- Golden Beach Homes | 41 Homes| $1093 LP$/PSF | $4.750M Asking Price
- Ft. Lauderdale Beach Homes | 449 Homes| $494 LP$/PSF | $1.749M Asking Price
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Homes | 25 Homes| $364 LP$/PSF | $629M Asking Price
- Hillsboro Beach Homes | 4 Homes| $1672 LP$/PSF | $16.850M Asking Price
- Lighthouse Point Homes | 153 Homes| $420 LP$/PSF | $1.199M Asking Price
Down 4.9% compared to the last month
Up 51.6% compared to the last year
Up 8.6% compared to the last month
Down 33.3% compared to the last year
Down 1.5% compared to the last month
Up 37.5% compared to the last yearMiami Condos ($1M+) Closed in September 2016: 59 units.
Up 3.5% compared to the last month
Down 9.2% compared to the last year
Miami Condos ($1M+) Placed under Contract in September 2016: 56 units.
Down 6.7% compared to the last month
Down 18.8% compared to the last year
The Miami Beach Real Estate Blog is an awesome online resource for Sunny Isles & Miami Beach real estate information. Contact me for the perfect properties along Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Surfside, North Bay Village and South Beach. I also cover the most desirable areas of Fort Lauderdale, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables and Bay Harbour Islands. Whether you’re looking for the latest in waterfront estates, condo resales, land for development, corporate relocation, market trends, off-market properties, new construction, bulk sales, or just plain good deals, I’ll have it customized and ready for you.
Gain fast access to the latest in real estate trends, new listings, preferred developments, important news updates, sales & statistics by signing up to the Monthly VIP Buyer Alert. Explore new listings, property information & buying options on new Miami construction and developments, gated communities, waterfront homes, luxury townhomes, Miami Penthouses plus so much more.
Over 14 Years Experience! I’m a Southeast Florida real estate broker-associate with the leading firm – ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. Why Sotheby’s? Because of the brand heritage, prestige, global reach and their propensity for perfection. Since 2002, I’ve been active in the Southeast Florida market with experience that rarely disappoints. No hassle. No pressure. Just honest advice.
Social Media, Stay Connected.
- Subscribe to the monthly alert for updates on Miami’s best neighborhoods
- Like Coleman Properties Group on Facebook
- Follow AshtonColeman on Instagram for real estate photography
- Follow AshtonColeman’s Twitter for the latest in South Florida news
- SnapChat Ashton.Coleman for behind the scenes real estate adventures
List Your Property to Sell:
ONE Sotheby’s International Realty & Ashton Coleman | Global Marketing. Local Prestige.
- Marketing by Ashton Coleman
- Marketing Your Luxury Property
- Marketing Presentation – 2016
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty Marketing & Affiliates
- CPG YouTube Channel
- Client Reviews
- Sold Miami Properties
- Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
- Sotheby’s – An Overview and the Auction House
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
- New Miami Listings
Southeast Florida Real Estate | Websites & Blogs
- Coleman.Properties (Fort Lauderdale Specific)
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty – Agent Site
- Jade Beach, Jade Ocean & Jade Signature Condos
- Turnberry Ocean Colony Condos
Who You Are:
You are a client – not a customer:
- Clients are under the protection of another
- Customers purchase a commodity or service
Knowledge is protection. As a client, you can expect fully accurate information that you will understand, implement, and use to build your net worth.